Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fabio Viviani's Nutella Biscuits...

The other day, I was reading my twitter feed and Fabio Viviani posts a recipe for Nutella Biscuits on the Recipeasy section of his website.  I stopped in my "twacks" (twitter tracks, hehe) and knew I had to make these ASAP!  Any "Nutella Slave" in their right mind (or not) should make these!

So, make them, I did!  The recipe calls for some pretty normal biscuit ingredients with the exception of Nutella!  As I started to make them, I read the recipe and it asks for 3 teaspoons of butter.  It didn't seem like enough, so I questioned @fabioviviani on Twitter, assuming he meant to type 3 tablespoons.  He had to check and get back to me.  But the Nutella was just staring at me there on the counter along with the butter, salt, flour, and baking powder.  I couldn't wait.  I decided to go with my gut and try 3 tablespoons.  Mixing it up by hand was easy and quick!  I found my heart shaped biscuit cutter I purchased last year (found a use for it!!) and decided to make some of my biscuits heart shaped - since Fabio is a lover, not a fighter! Haha!


I put them in my new Breville Smart Oven and baked them right away!  Had a learning curve with the Smart Oven and I almost over-cooked the poor things!

At first, I thought I thought I wanted them sweeter, but what I discovered was, when you re-heat them and put butter on top, it really brings out the Nutella flavor much more.  I highly recommend eating them this way.

I also want to put things like Marshmallow Fluff, Peanut Butter, or Jelly on them and try them - but they really are delicious on their own!



As I sit here eating these delicious biscuits for lunch (Hey, don't judge!  I'm pretty sure Nutella is healthy!), I'm thinking you guys probably want to make them, too!
Here's the recipe!  Is it just me, or can you just hear Fabio giving the instructions as you read the recipe.  I can actually see his accent!  :) Enjoy!!!

Nutella Biscuits (from Fabio Viviani's Recipeasy)
(My edit is italicized in parentheses)


Pre-Heat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit


Ingredients:
2 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Salt
3 tsp of Butter at room temperature (I used 3 tablespoons, but Fabio says 3 teaspoons is the right amount!)
4 tbsp of Nutella
3/4 cup of Milk
Directions:
1. Starting by combined all the dry ingredients
2. Add Butter and Nutella
3. Blend, then add Milk
4. Mix and place the Dough on top of a floured board and knead few times
5. Pat to 1 inch thickness and cut with Biscuits cutter
6. Place them in a oven tray Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment